DURHAM REGION CYCLING COALITION – MISSION STATEMENT
Durham Region Cycling Coalition is the community’s advocacy voice for safe cycling.
Our core values include:
- Promoting cycling as a safe, viable means of active transportation and recreation for all cycling user groups across Durham Region.
- Fostering an awareness to the health, environmental and cost benefits of cycling as well as recognizing cycling as a key strategy to reducing green house gas emissions.
- Advocating all levels of government to support safe, connected, bike friendly communities by upgrading and constructing cycling infrastructure in accordance with recognized OTM Book 18 and TAC standards.
- Encouraging a “Share the Road” understanding between all road users and how poor vehicle driving behavior impacts our roadways’ most vulnerable users.
- Welcoming qualified volunteers who are passionate and looking to help support safe cycling advocacy work.
The call for safer roads and connected cycling infrastructure has never been greater with DRCC continuing our work
Advocating for Safe Cycling Across Durham Region.